Saturday, September 03, 2011

Trust.. "Who can you Trust?"

What a beautiful photo. . That is our Tidal Bore here in Moncton.
The picture is in the moncton newspaper, because over the last year our river had been allowed to make a lot of changes..Some poeple builded a Dam and Causeway about 10 years ago, which blocked the river for 10 years; and now the dam is open and the river is allow to flow and be "A River" Over time things change and we say " Who cares or who can change it back ? Sometimes, in our life we do a wave (or thing) and like the Tidal Bore, where the water comes up the river one wave behind the other wave; our thing becomes a Big thing.. When the little wave with a lot of other wave behind it, seems impossible to change, we must be wise and try to fix it. Don t leave it.
Today, Sept 11 I am working on my phone bill. When the sold me the phone, they promised $10 off for the next 12 months ($120) Now I see they forgot it and owe me $27. Also, I send back my cell phone which they charged me $9.99 and $15 for 1 month of using. I never used it.. But they still charged me the $25. I will be on the phone tomorrow to correct their mistake. But a lot of poeple donot take the time to chase and correct these "waves" behind what was a simple thing..
So be careful. I hope this blog for the older grand children will teach, that you must be wise and not trust anyone fully. Always be careful.

I hope that Samuel and Marie-Pier see this blog as "xibdyaubf" or ???????? what is the word.. all I did in moved my fingers one key left on the keyboard..Simple to mix up poeple with a little mistake. And I ask that they talk to their parents, my daughters, about what I write and I hope they understand. The lesson is what you do has effects which might get more and more big.. Snowball effect.. Keep rolling and get very big.. Be careful.
First, lets get the visit to Grandpapa done. This summer I had a beautiful hedge in front of my balcony door. The owner asked the worker to trim it and in order to have a nice belcony I had to plant flowers..
I am proud of the way the flowers came but most of all I am proud of the photo gallery over the Television. I need to get new photos and with the internet I will soon print them.
I so love my new apt. ha ha

So here is my Blog and like school it teaches a good lesson but can be very hard to understand. When you understand you will say.. Oh, that is strange..
I sat down to type this Blog.. my keyboard has changed. Where the key has "?" on it I now get "É". Where the Key that has " ^ " over the number "6" I find the Question mark "?". Who did what to my computer ? No kids were here.. It just happen.. When computers were first started before the Internet and Facebook the keyboard (clavier) was becoming Smart.. Not as smart as the Smartphone but smart enough to change from English to French keyboard. (I discovered the next day after this blog that the cat had gone behind the computer and the keyboard cable was loose.)
The keyboard would change if you typed "F1" and back to English if you typed "F2" Guess, . Boring...Boring.. not really... This could happen to you.. To your life.. It happens to all of us.


The story I tell here is, we Trust big companies like banks and telephone companies, and like the cartoon (left) they are big men next to us little poeple..Are they honest? Yes the poeple may be, but in today.s society everything is computers and they will say.. "Oh the computer did that" as if it is ok and it will get fixed. "Trust me.. the bill will be fixed" Trust is what makes us good.. We believe in the good in poeple. Especially kids believe adults... Their parents should be a sign of trust.
On TV now, CBC news, is a document called Google World.. Yes, the Google of internet and they are talking about Cloud Technology.. Putting all your information which you might have on your computer today.. "out There". On the internet, storage somewhere.. Like on a Cloud floating overhead, which you can just look up and see.. (or get your information).. Is this too much for children.. Yes, but Marie-Pier and Samuel my two oldest grandchildren are 15 and living on the internet.. Living on Facebook or doing many things which involve the computer.
First, a few blogs earlier I was excited about my new BlackBerry phone.. It is called a Smartphone.
Why? like the keyboard above it was doing things for itself. Tina said to me "You have to be smart enough to use it" which is true because there is so much to learn. Last week, I got a message from TELUS my phone company saying I had used 6390 kilobytes of Data and would be charged $150 for 5,000 kilobytes. I had not ordered a Data package.. Data package is like a phone but the way we connect to the internet. (you are building a data package as you bring this blog to your computer and read it..) But we pay a fee to have the internet and that is what or how much data (information) you can read. Like taking out a book at the library and paying to borrow it.
What happen ? My smartphone was on "Cloud 9" referring to the Cloud technology of Google. The smart phone was using the satillate to get GPS location where I was. It was sending information to BlackBerry. and many other things.. Do them all by it self. I asked TELUS, Why ? I did not ask for that.. "Oh, you should have told us to Block your phone from doing it" Do I pay the $150. I talked with them and they said.."we will cancel the bill because you did not know" but then the credit department send a message saying "You have passed your $200 limit" and unless you pay $120 your phone will be disconnected" I called and was told "Oh ok, your bill will be send to you on Sept 11, and the $150 will be taken of by then.. Just wait until then and it will be fixed" Then my phone was disconnected.. (probably because I did not pay the $120) and when I called it was "Why not pay the $120 and have money for future bills when the $150 is cancel as you only owe $68.. ($25 a month and the Service connect fee of $35.) The lady went on to say. If you don.t and wait until September 11th you will then be charged $35 to reconnect your phone.
Grandpapa got caught in a snowball which keep rolling and got bigger and bigger. I forgot to check and ask questions about my phone service and I hope that I show how things build and build until you are paying even if it was nothing you did wrong.
Because they are big does not mean they don t make mistakes and should be trusted. Take banks. Marie-Pier is now using a Debit card.. it is a small Grandpapa and Marie account. and she is learning to buy clothes for school. Buy things like a coffee at Tim Horton for Mom with money she earns. I give an allowance and even $5 a week for work.(like her room and reading this blog) Last month it was working on being careful what you sayWords hurt poeple". This month it is learning to Not Trust everyone.
At 16 Marie-Pier (and Samuel,) will sign a Bank Signature Card for her own checking account and then her signature will be put on checks, buying things and by then maybe she will know who she can trust. With a debit card she checks what the girl at the cash charges her. When she signs the checking signature card for the bank it will allow the bank to take out what ever service fees it wants. I know of one incident (thing that happen) where I had a balance of $10 and a check for $15 came in. The bank could have send back the $15 and charge me $40 and the person who received the returned check would have also charged me $30 dollars because their bank would have charged them for the returned check. (I would have paid $70 for the $5 missing in the bank)

Yes, I was responsible to make sure the money was there.. but at the end of the month the bank took $5.60 in service fees so the money was there. What I am saying, the computer took out the money, the computer send back the check for the insufficent funds, and the computer charged the $40. ( I talked to the bank and they cancelled the fees.. but I still had to tell the insurance company who received the check returned what happen and they charged me $30 because their bank charged them) Like the $150 above for TELUS, they accepted it was their mistake... and did not charge me.. but they could have been difficult.
I trusted that the Smart phone was just a phone..
. but I knew it was a special phone, I just did not know it could do so many things and end up costing me $150. As children coming into this computer world you must remember that computer is a machine, like a car, it does what you or someone tells it to do. Don.t walk across the road until you see the person driving starting to slow down.. maybe the car is running itself and does not see you.. So that is the story. Be careful Life is like the Bore here in Moncton, the big wave might be a lot of small waves behind it.. You will like it when you visit Moncton and see this wonder of the world

No comments: